There is a ghost in the ghost quest that is often overlooked, despite walking past it several times. It’s mostly hidden behind a tree (and easy to spot if the tree is gone or young), and almost completely obscured by cherry trees.
Go to Hackfast Quicks. Go to the shrine, then go right until you get to the first tree to the right of the shrine. Look above the tree; you may just see a head peeking out if your ghost is there.
Mental Block 2 solution
This is just the solution to get out. You’ll have to figure out the img quoins yourself. Click on the image to get the full size.
Keep up to date with these two links:
https://twitter.com/glitchlog - changes both small and large are posted here, and it’s a great place to check before logging in. It’ll keep you from being the twentieth person to ask, “What is this _____ you’re all talking about?”
http://www.glitch.com/blog/ - bigger changes and updates are covered in detail in the blog, and it’s well-maintained.
Those darn wood tree badges!
It’s tough to get those wood tree badges (Wood Abettor, Lumber Lover, and Timber Nut) out in the “wild”. So to get them, I suggest you put as many patches as you can in your backyard and plant wood tree beans in them.
Every time a wood tree with three branches grows into a wood tree with four branches upon your petting/watering it, it counts toward the achievements. So here’s what you need to do:
1. Plant the bean(s)
2. When they’re past seedling stage, fertilidust them to three branches
3. Water and pet them until they are four branches
4. Once they are four branches, you may immediately harvest them. It will take more than one harvest to knock them back down to three branches. Don’t pet or water them until they are down to three.
5. Once they’re back to three branches, water/pet until they’re four again. Harvest to three. Repeat until you’ve got your badges.
Note: it is absolutely unrealistic to expect to be able to do this on your home street as well. People are going to fertilidust, pet, water, harvest, you name it. Just put ‘em in your back yard and then swap them out for something else once you’ve got the achievements. You can put as many or as few as you want. I’m actually working on the badges with a single tree, because I don’t want to give up any of my herb gardens in the backyard.
So there’s a new, cute, friendly little thing you can do—if you press 5 or the letter h, and there is someone nearby, you will basically say “hi!” to them, giving them a mood boost. More details on that here.
What I wanted to say about it is that I’ve noticed some people feeling snubbed when their “Hi!” wasn’t returned. And I wish they didn’t feel bad about this! There are a bunch of reasons people might not say hi back:
1. They don’t know how yet, or what just happened, because they haven’t read the updates
2. They might be lagged
3. They might not be paying attention
4. They might have tried to reciprocate, but their “Hi!” landed on another player since you don’t have a ton of control over it
5. ??? There are an infinite number of circumstances that it could be
Basically, if you don’t get a “Hi!” back, don’t feel bad or snubbed! Just go on with your Glitching. If it’s someone you know, then say hello via local chat or instant message if you want to make sure they notice you. :)
Hint for the Keen eyed noticer quest
Behind cut to avoid spoilers.
Repairing a tinkertool to 100%
A quest requires you to repair a tinkertool to 100%. The problem is, when you click “repair” on a tinkertool, it only repairs to 99.5%! This is because, in the latter situation, you’re using the tool to repair itself.
Solution: Get a second tinkertool. Put it in the same bag as your original tinkertool. Drag one over and drop it on the other. Done.
To get a second tinkertool, you can either buy one or ask someone to loan you one.