Rook Attack! What do I do?
Interested in fighting the rook?
Read this, as it explains everything about fighting them: http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Rook#Rook_Attack_FAQ
In a nutshell, if your magic rock changes into a rook (a crow), it’s a real rook attack, and you can announce the attack on the Rook Alert channel; join the group at http://www.glitch.com/groups/RIF6PQUFTQ524SH/
Do NOT use the Alert channel for anything other than announcing a real rook attack. Announcing a rook roll* is not welcome on the Rook Alert channel—Rook rolls do not need special assistance; revival can be done by any Glitch, so asking for assistance on Global is sufficient. A real rook attack requires players who have special skills trained to be present (but they DO need the help of as many other people as possible, even if you don’t have the skills), and they don’t want to have their time wasted with rook rolls.
http://www.glitch.com/groups/RHVGR3TIB8F2GBS/ is the non-alert, non-emergency channel for discussion of rooks. You can chat about the frequency of attacks, ask questions about rooks, and discuss strategy there.
So, once you’re in an attack zone, what do you do?
1. Head immediately to the shrine—everyone can revive plants and animals AFTER the rook is defeated.
2. Other players near the shrine will be using special skills, but they need your assistance. Anyone can help!
3. Players will have orbs with numbers over their heads. Click on the orb to assist with stunning the rook, but do not click if the number is 8—if it goes over 8, the player’s focusing orb is destroyed, and the stun fails.
4. Once the rook is stunned, it’s time for shrine attacks. A player with Piety will prime the shrine, and then you can donate stuff to do damage to the rook. These donations will not generate favor. The more the better—use higher value items to do more damage. If you can donate multiples of valuable items, that will do a lot of damage in one punch. Please note that sprinkling EHSP*** (or FHSP for that matter) will NOT boost the effects of donations in a rook attack.
5. After the defeat, you can go around and revive plants and animals. It’s also nice if you can bestow random kindness on players who used Martial Imagination or Piety during the battle—and if you have Transcendental Radiation, start off with that so everyone gets a little boost.
6. If you really get into fighting rooks, learn Martial Imagination and Piety so you can be on the front lines.
I have a “rook attack kit” I carry to bring into a battle. It’s in a bigger bag, and it includes: Random Kindness, rook balm, essence of rookswort, and donation fodder. Good donation fodder: music blocks (especially the higher value ones), gems, crystals (these are great because they stack), rubbed ingots, high-energy foods.
* A rook roll is when a player rolls a 12-sided die and gets a Rook. When this happens, sometimes a rook will do a fly-by and down some of the plants and animals there. The rook does not hang around, so it doesn’t need to be battled, but the animals and plants may need revival. Additionally, the person who rolled the die takes a hit to his or her mood, so put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others!
*** Extremely Hallowed Shrine Powder (or Fairly Hallowed Shrine Powder)